As our country starts to open its borders for
interstate guests, it is vitally important and necessary for caravan holiday
park owners, managers and staff to have a COVID SAFE Health Management plan in
place, outlining measures taken to combat the spread of COVID-19.
Having a plan in place and following this plan, is to ensure
the safety and well-being of guests and staff and will provide
both the relevant government authorities and your guests the reassurance that
your business is COVID-19 safe.
Your plan will require you to have actions covering the
- This will include an appropriate guest declaration that records guest’s information and may need to be quite detailed (i.e. for tracking purposes) dependant on the state or territory you are placed in.
- Records of your cleaning regime including what areas and how often a day they are cleaned
- Records of contractors, staff and visitors that visit your business.
- Your plan needs to have in place directions for
staff to wear face masks (if applicable in your state or territory) and other
- The positioning of hygiene posters throughout
the park which display the appropriate ways of covering sneezes and coughs,
sanitizing of hands and avoiding touching faces.
- Having available to staff and guests adequate hand
washing supplies (hand sanitizer and/or soap, running water and either a hand
dryer or paper towel).
- Your plan will need to state how you will
encourage and manage social distancing requirements in your park (e.g. posters,
markings on floors or reducing available amenities facilities).
Increased Cleaning Regime
- Your plan will need to state what you are doing
to increase your cleaning activities (i.e. the use of hospital grade cleaning
liquids, how often cleaning is done and to what areas of the park).
How you are prepared for an outbreak
- Does your plan have the steps to take should a
guest or staff member show symptoms of a possible infection?
- Does your
plan have the steps to take should there be an outbreak in your business and
how you will deal with this?
Most importantly, your plan will need to be a ‘living’
document, this means it will be required to be updated and the actions adjusted
as the current situation and health directives in your state or territory
Should you need information or assistance around a COVID
SAFE plan, please reach out to [email protected]
The post Do You Have Your COVID SAFE Plan In Place for your Caravan Park? appeared first on Caravan Industry Association.
Caravan Industry Association